Who am I: Charismatic. Optimistic. Wife. First Daughter. Christian. PhD Candidate. Employee. Nigerian. British. Canadian PR. International Affairs Expert. Lawyer. Outer Space and Aviation Geek. Spokesperson and Advocate. Aspiring Entrepreneur. Award Winner.
What do I do: Writer. Speaker. Researcher. Consultant. Formulate Ideas and think outside the box.
Where do I do it: Based in Montreal, Quebec Canada, I am a consultant at the leading space consultancy Euroconsult. I am a PhD Candidate at McGill University and I love to write, anywhere! You know what they say, “Publish or Peril!” I come up with new ideas for a range of things from creating events and workshops, to setting up blogs to helping people with University and grant applications. I started speaking before the age of 2 and seem to be pretty good at it, so I’m told otherwise I guess people would stop inviting me to speak and present my ideas! Besides Canada, I have also worked in Nigeria, France, United Kingdom and on United Nations projects so I think I qualify to call myself a global worker!
Why do I do it: Much to my husband’s frustration, I wake up with a new idea everyday…”Are you sure you can add another thing to your plate?” he says…Undoubtedly, 24 hours in the day is not enough and not every idea is implementable, but I wake up each day feeling blessed, optimistic and thankful that I can take in another breath with my loved ones around me. This drives me to use every single God given talent I have to try to make an impact in the world, one word at a time!
Who has featured me:
– Radio France International: http://mobile.english.rfi.fr/africa/20120907-does-africa-need-a-space-research-agency
– Meylo Hair Salon (Canada): https://meylohair.wordpress.com/tag/meylo-hair-extensions/
– Isle of Man Examiner (UK): http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/business/manx-firms-facing-the-final-frontier-1-1782005
– Nicholas Kellet Onwards and Upwards (Canada): http://blog.nicholaskellett.com/tag/3d-printing/
– European Space Agency: http://www.esa.int/Education/ESA_Sponsors_Students_at_IAC_2008
– European Association of Remote Sensing Companies: http://eomag.eu/articles/1963/nigerias-inroads-into-space-technology-for-agriculture
– TV3 (Estonia): http://www.tv3.lt/m/naujiena/389005/baltijos-salys-svarsto-apie-kosmine-programa/
– McGill University: https://www.mcgill.ca/iasl/institute-air-and-space-law
How can you reach me:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Twitter: Timiebi89
– Blog: dishesinthekitchensink.com
– My LinkedIN Groups: Young Professionals Making a Difference and African Space Policy
My Thought Leadership/Publications
- Common Benefit From a Perspective of “Non-Traditional Partners”: A Proposed Agenda to Address the Status Quo in Global Space Governance” (Acta Astronautica Journal, 2015)
- Benefit Sharing and International Cooperation Under the Outer Space Treaty and Space Benefits Declaration (Submitted to Journal, 2015)
- Overcoming the Danger of a Single Story of Space Actors: Introducing the Cosmopolitan Approaches to International Law (CAIL) (Submitted to Journal, 2015)
- Space Sustainability and the Freedom of Outer Space (Submitted to Journal, 2015
- Precursor to an African Space Agency: Commentary of Dr Peter Martinez “Is there a need for an African Space Agency?” Space Policy Journal (2013)
- Developing Space Markets in Small Jurisdictions in Contracting for Space: Contract Practice in the European Space Sector (2011), L.J. Smith & I. Baumann, eds. Surrey, England: Ashgate Publishers.
- Laws, Polices and Doctrines in Space Security Index 2011 and 2012 (Canada, Project Ploughshares)
- Legal Framework for Space Cooperation from the Perspective of “Non traditional Partners”, International Astronautic Congress, Toronto, Canada (2014)
- A TWAIL Analysis of International Space Law, Dean Maxwell and Isle Cohen Doctoral Seminar, McGill University, Montreal, Canada (2014)
- Sharing the Benefits of Space: A Positive Conception to the Freedom of Outer Space, McGill Global Governance Conference, Montreal, Canada (2014)
- Raising The Space Sustainability Consciousness of Southern Emerging Space Actors through the UN Affiliated Regional Centre’s for Space Science and Technology Education, in Proceedings of the international Space University Symposium, Strasbourg, France (2011)
- Nigerian Legal Perspectives on Space Law and Africa, in Proceedings of the 54th Colloquium on the Law of Outer Space, Cape Town, South Africa (2011)
- Non Lawyers Perspectives of the Manfred Lachs Moot Court Competition: Recommendations to Promote Space Law Education in Proceedings of the 52nd Colloquium on the Law of Outer Space, Daejeon, Korea (2009)
- Cooperation under GEOSS: Encouraging Developing County Participation in Proceedings of the International Space University Symposium, Strasbourg, France (2008)
- Legal Framework in Support of Commercialization of Outer Space: The Case of the Isle of Man in Proceedings of 51st Colloquium on the Law of Outer Space, Glasgow, Scotland (2008)
- Assessing the Support for the Space Assets Protocol to the Cape Town Convention, International Institute of Space Commerce (2009) http://iisc.im/portfolio-items/assessing-the-support-for-the-space-assets-protocol-to-the-unidroit-cape-town-convention-iisc-commissioned-study/
- Working Paper as Nigerian Delegate, United Nations International Civil Aviation Organization (2014) http://www.icao.int/about-icao/70th-anniversary/Documents/ICAO-Model-Council_WP_Nigeria.pdf
- Exposing the Intended Justice Outcome of Space Law, SpaceReview ( 16 November 2015) http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2865/1
- Why Africa Must Move Beyond Scepticism To Influence International Law, Commentary BusinessDay Newspaper (26 August 2014) http://businessdayonline.com/2014/08/why-africa-must-move-beyond-scepticism-to-influence-international-law/#.VZqbjk3bLIU
- NASA Space Apps Challenge in Nigeria. Commentary BusinessDay Newspaper (10 April 2014) http://businessdayonline.com/2014/04/nasa-space-apps-challenge-in-nigeria/#.U2zRQSqF9IM
- Enabling Innovation through Inducement Prizes. Commentary BusinessDay Newspaper (28 November 2013) http://businessdayonline.com/2013/11/enabling-innovation-through-inducement-prizes/#!
- Increasing Security in Africa through Satellite Imagery. Commentary BusinessDay Newspaper (10 October 2013) Online: http://businessdayonline.com/2013/10/increasing-security-in-africa-through-satellite-imagery/#!
- Encouraging the Use of Nigeria’s Satellite Products. Commentary BusinessDay Newspaper (19 September 2013) Online: http://businessdayonline.com/2013/09/encouraging-the-use-of-nigerias-satellite-products/
- Global Space Exploration Strategy without Africa. Commentary BusinessDay Newspaper (5 September 2013) Online: http://businessdayonline.com/2013/09/global-space-exploration-strategy-without-africa/
- Emerging Space Programs: The Age of Cooperation. Commentary SpaceNews (2013)
- Space Engagement in Nigeria: The Need for Cost Benefit Analysis. Commentary BusinessDay Newspaper (22 August 2013) Online: http://businessdayonline.com/2013/08/space-engagement-in-nigeria-the-need-for-cost-benefits-analysis/
- Precursor to an African Space Agency. Commentary McGill Daily (1 September 2011) Online: http://www.mcgilldaily.com/2011/09/the-precursor-to-an-african-space-agency/
- The Space Superpower of the Future. Commentary McGill Daily (17 February 2011) Online: http://www.mcgilldaily.com/2011/02/the-space-superpower-of-the-future/
- The Moon Treaty is Dead, Discuss? Commentary McGill Daily (27 January 2011) Online: http://www.mcgilldaily.com/2011/01/the-moon-treaty-is-dead-discuss/
- Assessing your Educational Make-up. Commentary McGill Daily (1 November 2010) Online: http://www.mcgilldaily.com/2010/11/assessing_your_educational_makeup/