Fact of life, there will always be Dirty Dishes in the Kitchen Sink, but…
Why do I feel like a bad person because I still have yesterday’s (
last week’s) dirty dishes in the sink?
- It makes me feel overwhelmed and dirty;
- It makes me feel I’m not on top of my life;
- It makes me feel ashamed because everyone else’s kitchen (read: life) looks great!
Feelings are not facts! There’s often a big difference between what you subjectively feel and what is objectively real.
Therefore, there are two ways of looking at this “Problem of the Criterion” which I call the Dishes in the Kitchen Sink Feeling!
1) How to not care if there are dirty dishes in the sink. Realize that:
- There’s someone else’s sink that is worse than yours;
- You will get to it eventually, even if it’s because the house stinks;
- Life never stopped because someone saw your kitchen sink in a mess;
- Are there any benefits to beating yourself up about this?
- Actually, EVERYONE understands this feeling and situation.
2) How to move beyond dirty dishes in sink – The strategies;
- Doing it tomorrow (or right now if you can!);
- Put the dishes on the counter and keep the sink clear;
- Kitchen sink organization – buy all the gadgets out there;
- Renovate and Invest: Get a bigger sink and a dishwasher;
- Get a cleaner, God knows you need one!
Remember though, our emotions can also act as triggers to make a change…Use your feelings to push you outside your comfort zone..When those dishes are finally done, think of the cake and hot cup of your favorite drink afterwards!
Follow this blog for Dishes in the Kitchen Sink and Hot Cuppa After stories and join in with stories of your own…